Most folks feel that two way radios help out a couple of professions like the police and the fire departments. However, this is a wrong assumption, because two way radios are used almost in every walk of life.
Donâ??t believe me?
Okay, consider these samples then:
- A family on a hiking or skiing trip or on a vacation can use two way radios to stay in touch with each other in the woods or on icy slopes or wherever.
- Campers, fishing enthusiasts, paintball enthusiasts, trekkers, hunters and many other amateurs and enthusiasts can use radios to communicate in lonely areas. You never know when help may be needed in such places.
- Factories can be dangerous places to work in. There are hazardous chemicals to handle, high voltage electricity to contend with, giant machines with parts that can rip off an arm or a leg, etc. Every factory needs a radio system to ensure worker safety.
- Construction sites also use two way radios to ensure worker safety. Imagine a 40-storey under-construction building with workers trapped on the 37th floor. How do they call out for help? They cannot use cellphones because they will have to punch in numbers and that will waste time. They can use two way radios at the flick of a switch and call for help.
- Massive retail outlets also equip their employees with radios. To illustrate, the purchase department can communicate with the marketing personnel to inform them that new stocks have arrived for which a new campaign may be required.
- Likewise, churches, theaters, malls, medical facilities, amusement parks, and many other institutions equip their employees with radio systems. The idea is to communicate instantly and effectively so that any dangerous situation is contained with speed (thereby saving many lives).
- Two way radios play a very important role in film shoots. The action department has to communicate with the director and also with its crew; the director has to communicate with his team in the dressing room; etc., etc. No magnum opus has ever been made without the help of two way radios.
- Schools too use radios to communicate instantaneously. The recent shootings inside schools have made the use of radio systems absolutely indispensable.
As you may have realized by now, two way radios have silently become an integral part of our lives. You may not notice them, but they keep working in the background ensuring security, property upkeep, worker safety, entertainment, sports, business, and more.
- Â License: Royalty Free or iStockÂ source: http://officeimg.vo.msecnd.net/en-us/images/MH900242143.jpg
David J. O’Neill is a family man and blogger who’s always looking for ways to improve the quality of life, and write about it.[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="4703992"][shareaholic app="recommendations" id="4704000"]