A cellphone has become an indispensable part of our lives not only because of its services, but also because of the data stored in it.
For instance, a typical iPhone has countless pictures, contacts, your favorite playlists etc. and the loss of this iPhone data can incapacitate you in a lot of ways. Luckily for you, there are some ways of recovering data from a broken iPhone. However, their success depends primarily on the severity of physical damage caused to the phone.
5 Ways to Recover Data from a Broken iPhone
1) As mentioned above, the fate of your iPhone data depends on the kind and intensity of damage. In case of a broken screen, it is relatively easy to recover lost data if you have lately synced your iPhone to iTunes. While syncing, iTunes normally creates a backup of all the data stored in your iPhone and this is one of the reasons why the syncing process takes that long. So, when you buy a new iPhone, you simply have to connect this to your iTunes library and click the “Restore” icon. After the syncing is complete, your new iPhone will have all your important data.
2) However, it must be mentioned that the above example is a best case scenario. In a not-so-lucky situation, you might have to resort to other means. For starters, download a free data recovery software like Wondershare which is available online. Run this software on your phone and hopefully, it will be able to recover the lost data to your computer.
3) Alternatively, you can try “jailbreaking” your iPhone. Jailbreaking is a modern tech term which refers to the process of gaining access to the root data stored in an iPhone. Several softwares are used to remove the restrictions imposed by the operating software, thus making way for data recovery. Under normal circumstances, jailbreaking can be harmful for your iPhone, but if it’s already broken, you don’t stand to lose anything.
4) Since the iPhone is already beyond repair, you can even try and dismantle it to retrieve the flash drive. If the flash drive is physically damaged, there isn’t a lot you can do. However, if it looks fine, you can run a data recovery software on the flash drive. Again, don’t try this on a fully functional iPhone since this can result in the loss of warranty.
5) Finally, there are some professional data recovery services like Drive Savers Data Recovery, which can retrieve lost iPhone data. If you are willing to spend some money for your iPhone data, you can always consult professional experts. Quite evidently, it isn’t always possible to recover lost data from your iPhone. Therefore, you must take every possible step to keep your data safe and secure. Make sure that you activate the Backup feature on your iTunes and wait for the syncing process to run its course. As trivial as these things may sound, they can save you a lot of time and effort in the long run.
Lauren Grey is a tech writer and self-proclaimed “gadget geek”. Lauren often takes a hands-on approach when researching technology, reporting on common gadget hazards such as crashed laptops and iPhone water damage repair.
Image courtesy of Idea go / freedigitalphotos.net[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="4703992"][shareaholic app="recommendations" id="4704000"]