Our App Reviewing Pledge
We, the staff of App Comrade, have gathered under the auspices of the O.A.T.S. (Organization for App Testing Standards)Â pledge with a common goal: to improve the quality of iPhone games and app criticism. While we applaud the great diversity of opinion now available to consumers looking for iPhone App reviews, it is equally clear to us that not all of these sources have put the best interests of the readership first. We hope to combat such unscrupulous journalism by holding ourselves to a higher standard.
TO THAT END:
1) WE PLEDGE to never mix business with editorial. We do not force developers to purchase app reviews. We have a free app review submission page, which we can’t always guarantee we will get through. However, we do offer guaranteed paid reviews, and when we do:
2) WE PLEDGE to clearly mark all paid reviews as such on our sites;
3) WE PLEDGE to ensure that each of our reviews is as thorough, accurate, honest, and fully informed as possible;
4) WE PLEDGE to promptly correct all factual mistakes in our reviews, and to post an Editor’s Note when we do;
5) WE PLEDGE that all editorial work appearing on our sites is our own;
6) WE PLEDGE to allow disagreement, dissent, and complaint through reader commentary, and to never censor it;
7) WE PLEDGE that all app reviews will follow the same process, whether a particular app is obtained via promo code, purchase, or ad-hoc distribution;
8) WE PLEDGE that site promotions or contests involving promo code giveaways will not influence any review in any way.